By Tony Attwood
Trying to read what on earth is going on at Blackburn Rovers is hard: Sam Allerdyce was sacked for not sharing the vision of the club, and the other people are brought in – including our old chum John Jensen.
On 12 January 2011 he signed a 6 month contract with Blackburn as assistant manager. On 23rd May 2011 he signed a new deal one-year contract as assistant manager. On 29th September 2011 he was sacked just a few days after seeing his side beat Arsenal.
That’s what you get for beating your old club John.
As a player John played for Brøndby IF and won Danish player of the year award in 1987 and reached the semi final of the UEFA Cup in 1991 with them. He scored in Denmark’s 2-0 European Championship final win over Germany in 1992.
He signed for Arsenal when Rocastle went to Leeds and was part of the double cup winning side of 1992/3 and the Cup winners cup side the following year, and the losing side in the same competition final in 1995.
However he is also remembered as being involved in the Rune Hauge scandal in which it is said that George Graham accepted illegal payments in return for signing players – including Jensen.
Jensen left Arsenal in 1996 having played 132 games and scoring 1 goal.
He then went into management and won the Danish Superliga as player manager with Herfølge BK, but they were relegated the next season and he joined Brøndby IF.
He then moved to Getafe in Spain as assistant manager and then returned to the Danish league with Randers but was dismissed after 9 defeats and 2 draws in the opening games. After that Blackburn took him on.
John as worked in Spain and Denmark with Michael Laudrup, who is also currently unemployed, and (just a guess on my part) they could perhaps team up once again somewhere.
- UNTOLD MEDIA: The Daily Mirror’s Arsenal Hypocrisy: A preliminary analysis
- UNTOLD HISTORY: Tottenham Hotspur’s appalling dark secret
- UNTOLD REFEREES: The complete utter and disgraceful history of Mike Dean. Ref watch for Tottenham v Arsenal
- UNTOLD NEWS: 16.5 Things we learned this week
- UNTOLD ECONOMICS: Arsenal has opened Pandora’s Box
- UNTOLD HISTORY: Ex player Remi Garde is flying at Lyon
Untold Arsenal – the (fairly) complete index
(please note we’re still working on getting these indexes into shape – the media and corruption indexes are just about done, but others are still awaiting a make over)
- Untold History…Untold Media … Untold Ref Reviews …
- Untold Economics … Untold Corruption … Untold Wenger …
- Untold News … Untold Fifa … Untold Players … Untold Injuries
- Untold Statistics … Untold Tactics … Untold 2011/2 …
- Untold match reviews … Untold fans …
- Untold Stadia … Untold Literature …
- Untold humour …Arsenal History Society … “Making the Arsenal” …
- Untold Emirates … Arsenal Independent Supporters Association