The journal of the AISA Arsenal History Society
Please join our association: its free!
If you enjoy our daily review of Arsenal’s history please do show your appreciation by becoming an associate member of AISA – Arsenal Independent Supporters’ Association. It’s completely free, but being a member does make a statement that you value our work not just in recording Arsenal’s history but also in engaging with the club over issues relevant to supporters today. You can join for free at https://aisa.org/associate-membership/
LATEST: New evidence on how the Hill-Wood family defeated Sir Henry Norris and took over the club in 1927.
Neither the Arsenal History Society nor AISA seeks to encourage gambling, and would ask you to note that if you choose to gamble you always should gamble responsibly. In this regard we would ask you to take note of the Be Gamble Aware website which will help if you have difficulties with gambling.
The 1919 Affair: How Arsenal were promoted to the first division – the only complete and detailed history of Arsenal’s election.
Day by Day the videos – An Arsenal video for (almost) every day of the year in order.
Day by Day the stories– a key moment in Arsenal and footballing history for each day of the year
Henry Norris at the Arsenal: There is a full index to the series here correcting 100 years of rumour and false allegations.
Arsenal in the 1930s: The most comprehensive series on the decade ever
Arsenal in the 1970s: Every match and every intrigue reviewed in detail.
This site is based around series of articles on specific themes – and you can find links to many of these on this page and on the left column under the heading “Pages”.
Our three giant series are shown above. Here are some of the other popular series that have been written recently or are actively being updated at the moment.
- Arsenal players in the 30s
- Arsenal in the summer – now over 50 articles.
- The First League Season, including a review of each player who played in that season
- Arsenal day by day – over 5000 anniversaries of the club
- Tom Whittaker, player, coach, manager
- Arsenal Managers – from Royal Arsenal to Mr Wenger
- Arsenal’s name and how it changed
- Arsenal and Tottenham
- Anti-Arsenal – those who try to put us down throughout history
- Arsenal’s Chronology
- Arsenal History Society news and discoveries
- Chairmen of Arsenal
- Corruption: The Review
- The First Double: 1971
- First Timers: The first time I saw Arsenal
- Iconic moments in the history of Arsenal
- Into the Darkness. Arsenal under Swindin
- Islington 100: celebrating 100 years of Arsenal in Islington
- London – how Arsenal fared in the early days against other London teams
- Meet the ancestors- stories from the relatives of Arsenal players
- The origins of Arsenal
- Players, including updates on what players are doing now
- The Norris Files
- Statistics through the club’s history
- Woolwich Arsenal, the ground
- Woolwich Arsenal in the FA Cup – the full series
- Woolwich 100 – the players who played 100 or more times for WA
- Year by year: tracing the club’s history in detail
- The complete story of Ted Drake scoring seven in one match in December 1935
- Why was the first Arsenal side called Dial Square, and why did it only last one game?
- Herbert Chapman’s first year at Arsenal, analysed as never before.
- A Memorial to the founders of Arsenal’s Highbury dynasty.
- The very odd case of Frank Ransom
- The wandering James Devlin, and an insight into the workings of the early game
- The curious life of Jimmy Dunne: Herbert Chapman’s last major signing
- When the anti-Arsenal menace and the media sank to the depths
- Winning the youth cup in 2009 – what is that team doing today?
- Arsenal become only the second team in the 20th/21st centuries to win the cup two years running, twice.
- The biggest injury problems ever faced by an Arsenal manager
- Arsenal’s promotion in 1919. At last, the truth
- Exclusive: The interview with George Davie – the man who sued Arsenal and overturned the transfer system.
- The article that led to the creation of the statues at the Emirates Stadium
Please note: The full anniversaries index can be found here.
There are plenty of UK football fans that like betting on their favorite team and Gooner fans are no different. It helps of course that the UK has one of the most dynamic betting scenes where you can place wagers on title win, position betting, transfer market and more. Many visitors report to us though on getting a bit lost with the choice online, gambling guides like Playright can help you find your way sifting through the sites highlighting their individual strengths and weaknesses.
If you would like to contribute an article to this site, please see this note on submissions etc.
For advertising contact Snack Media at 0207 272 7582 or email Tom@Snack-media.com
For all other issues please contact Arsenal History Society at Tony@schools.co.uk
This site represents very much a forum for knocking around ideas and seeking out issues that can be debated. As such we openly acknowledge that some of the notions expressed here might be wrong, facts will be inaccurate and will need correcting. Indeed if you can help us do that, please do either comment on an article, or write a new article for us.