Last update 8 Jan 2019
This is the first half of our A to Z index of every player to have played for Arsenal in a league match, along with some others of note, with links to the main articles on this site about them.
Please note that in the index I’m for the most part only including articles that are primarily about the player – there are many others in most cases, in which the player in mentioned in passing. Just occasionally I vary this where the article has something in it that could be of particular interest about the player.
If we have missed a player completely please do drop me a line and I will correct that at once.
If there is a player listed here for whom there is no article and either
- You would like us to prepare one or
- You would like to contribute one yourself
Please do write to TonyAttwoodofLondon@gmail.com
- Tony Adams drops Steve Morrow
- Tony Adams, and the building of the famous back four
- George Graham’s players: Tony Adams
- Tony Adams makes a good start to the season in Azerbaijan
- Tony Adams declares he would love to manage Arsenal
- Almunia forced to retire with a serious heart condition
- Manuel Almunia: first, second and third choice keeper
- Nicolas Anelka: the man who could have played alongside Thierry Henry
- 20 Feb 1999: Anelka’s first hat trick
- After they left Arsenal: Petit, Overmars, Anelka
- Former Arsenal player John Barnwell talks about his years at Highbury
- John Barnwell, Arsenal league debut 13 April 1957
- From Bergkamp to Boldklubben Frem: 14 Arsenal events from 10 May
- When Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira played we could still lose 4-0
- 3 July – Buchan, Eastham, Bergkamp, Pires, Campbell. All on this day
- Mark Randall. From Arsenal to Ascoli, from Bergkamp to Johnstone’s Paint
- Dennis Bergkamp; genius
- 10 May – Happy Birthday Dennis Bergkamp
- Dennis Bergkamp: how the abuse of the moron fans nearly destroyed the greatest player
- Liam Brady – links to related articles involving Liam
- Exclusive: How Arsenal were at the heart of both the start and end of football’s “retain and transfer” system.
- Football consumes twice as much as the royal family. The view from 1893.
Left Belper Town in May 1896 to join Woolwich Arsenal who were then in the Second Division. Made his debut on 12 September 1896 in a 1-1 draw at home to Walsall. He made just one other appearance – an FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round game against Leyton, scoring one goal in a 5-0 win. He returned to Belper Town at the start of the 1897/98 season.
- Arsenal v Brighton United – and an unexpected glimpse of the class struggle within football
- 25 April 1891 – Arsenal’s First Ever Substitute
- George Graham: the centre forward who became a stroller
- George Graham
- George Graham: Arsenal’s second most successful manager for trophies
- George Graham relieved of his duties; 21 February 1995
The series of playing listings and associated articles is being developed day by day