- 16 January 1976 Gavin McGowan born in Blackheath
- 6 May 1993: Sheffield W 1 Arsenal 0. First game for Gavin McGowan and Scott Marshall – the last in a run of five without a win.
- ? May 1994: Gavin played in the FA Youth Cup final v Millwall held over two legs Arsenal winning 5-3 overall.
- 21 February 1998: Last game for Gavin McGowan Arsenal 1 Crystal Palace 0. He came on, on 80 minutes for Vernazza. It was his one appearance in the Second Double season.
- 26 June 1998: Gavin McGowan sold to Luton Town
Gavin McGowan joined Arsenal aged 16 as a defender, although I don’t have the exact date, and played seven times for Arsenal, six in the league and once in the FA Cup.
In all he made four starts and three appearances as a sub.
Gavin was injured in the 1999/2000 season and left the club in 2001, moving into non-league football with Horsham, Hornchurch, Bromley, Redhill, and Dulwich Hamlet.
It is said that he is now a sports teacher at Edenham High School, in Croydon, and the school’s web site describes him as being in charge of the football academy.
|1997||Luton Town (loan)||10||0|
Details of his non-league appearances are not available.
Gavin’s Arsenal appearances were limited to one a season except 1995/6 when he played once in the league and once in the FA Cup.