But I would like to highlight just three of them…
- 14 August 1963: Bob Wilson’s first game
- 14 August 1996. The first Wenger signings, Remi Garde (free) and Patrick Vieira (£3.5m) joined Arsenal.
- 14 August 2005: Start of the final season at Highbury with game against Newcastle. A 2-0 victory.
The start of the career of Bob Wilson is enough of a day to remember – but to share it with the signing of the first two Wengerians to join the club – and the start of the last season at Highbury.
What makes the middle of the three – the signings by Wenger – so interesting, is that he hadn’t even come to the club by then – he will still seeing out his contract in Japan.
Meanwhile major updates are being carried out on the monthly listings, and in each case you will find quite a few new anniversaries have been added in the past month.
Here’s the index
- Woolwich Arsenal: The club that changed football – Arsenal’s early years
- Making the Arsenal – how the modern Arsenal was born in 1910
- The Crowd at Woolwich Arsenal
– See more at: http://www.blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk/#sthash.enPKXP7G.dpuf