We’re building a list of anniversaries of the club.
It is quite interesting that as we are in the 125th year of the club, and approaching the 100th anniversary of the move to Highbury, there is no big list of anniversaries available, so clearly this is something to be set up.
Our list has only just started, so there’s not many here thus far, and we haven’t got the links in properly, but it would be great if you could help. Just comment below, and we’ll put the dates into the list which sits permanently on this site (see link above).
Thus the list on the link above will gradually become bigger than this starting point below.
23 April: First FA Cup Final – lost to Cardiff
26 April: Last ever game at the Manor Ground (drew 1-1) 1913
26 April: First major trophy – beat Huddersfield in FA Cup Final 1930
28 April: Won first ever European trophy beating Anderlecht 1970
3 May: Beat Tottenham 0-1 at WHL to win the league 1971
22 June: First ever AGM of Woolwich Arsenal FC. Jack Humble, chairman. 1893
2 September: First ever league match 1893. Drew 2-2 with Newcastle.
6 September: First match at Highbury 1913. Beat Leicester F 2-1
1 October: Arsene Wenger takes over as manager 1996
- Arsenal’s managers analysed by history, games and success
- Terry Neill: 3 cup finals, a 3rd and two 4ths
- History Special: The flavour of football in 1973 – fights bookings and the end of civilisation
- The players he let go, and the signings Bertie Mee made
- When was the last time Tottenham finished a season above Arsenal