Approaching the Swansea by Arsenal game this is what we find…
- Swansea have won just one of their last seven Premier League games, drawing three and losing three.
- But only Chelsea and Southampton have earned more points at home than Swansea’s 10 before this weekend’s game.
- Swansea only averaged 33% ball possession against Everton last weekend, their lowest ever figure since promotion to the Premier League in 2011.
- Swansea have had three players sent off this season – the highest for any club.
- Wilfried Bony has scored four goals in his last four Premier League matches.
- Arsenal have scored five 90th-minute goals this season, more than any other Premier League team.
- Arsenal have let in conceded 64% of their goals in the first half of games this season. More than any other club.
- Alexis Sanchez has scored 11 goals in his last 13 games for Arsenal,
- Alexis has scored five in the three most recent league matches
- Arsenal are unbeaten in the last five games against Swansea. The last time we failed against them was 2-0 home defeat in December 2012.
Arsenal and Swansea matches of note, throughout the years
6 March 1926: Swansea 2 Arsenal 1. FA Cup 6.
22 May 1946: Leslie Jones transferred to Swansea
28 January 1950: Arsenal 2 Swansea 1, FA Cup 4th round, en route to Wembley
19 November 1929 – Jack Kelsey was born in Llansamlet, near Swansea.
31 March 1958: Mel Charles signed from Swansea. David Dodson and Paul Davies move the other way.
16 August 2012: Kyle Bartley sold to Swansea for £1m
1 December 2012: Arsenal 0 Swansea 2. Worst points total after 15 games for 18 years.
16 March 2013: Swansea 0 Arsenal 2: From here to the end of the season Arsenal win 8 draw 2 lose 0.
28 September 2013: Arsenal make it a record breaking 12 consecutive away wins beating Swansea 2-1, and equal all time record of 8 consecutive away PL wins, set by Arsenal on 11 May 2002.
The index to the anniversary files now includes over 5000 entries.