by Andy Kelly
And here we are, the final set of answers to the quiz. Thank you to all of you that entered.
The two deserving winners are Jamie H and Sampat Prabhudesai who got 16 and 14 questions correct respectively.
16. Arsenal’s longest serving captain is Tony Adams between 1988 and 2003. Which Arsenal player was/is the second longest serving captain?
Percy Sands who was captain for 9 seasons from 1906-07 to 1914-15.
17. Which future Arsenal player played as an emergency goalkeeper for his team against Arsenal at Highbury in 1991?
David Platt for Aston Villa on 3 April 1991 who took over in goal when Nigel Spink was injured.
18. Which Arsenal player scored four goals in a league game but was dropped for the FA Cup Final five days later?
David Halliday who scored four goals in the 6-6 draw with Leicester on 21 April 1930 but lost his place to Jack Lambert in the FA Cup Final on 26 April.
19. Which goalkeeper didn’t concede any goals in his first six league games for Arsenal?
Alex Manninger in 1997-98.
20. On 16 March 1935 Arsenal goalkeeper Frank Moss dislocated his shoulder during the game against Everton. As substitutes were not allowed one of his team mates replaced him and Moss played the rest of the game on the wing, going on to score a goal. Who replaced him in goal?
Eddie Hapgood (who kept a clean sheet).