by Andy Kelly
Following on from yesterday’s answers, today we have the answers to questions 6 to 10:
6. Which famous referee and football administrator was president of Arsenal during the 1980s?
Sir Stanley Rous.
7. Who was the first player to play 100 league games for Woolwich Arsenal?
Gavin Crawford on 3rd Aprl 1897.
8. Of players who have played more than 30 first team competitive games for Arsenal, which player has the best goals scored per game ratio?
Henry Boyd who scored 32 goals in 41 Football League and FA Cup games between 1894 and 1896. This gave him an average 0.780 goals per game, ahead of Ted Drake with 0.755. We will also accept Harry Boyd by which name he was familiarly known.
9. Which player made his Arsenal first team debut more than 14 years after make his reserve team debut for the club?
Charlie Buchan. He made his reserve debut on 27th December 1909 but left the club before playing in the first team. He then re-joined Arsenal in 1925 and made his first team debut on 29th August 1925.
10. What do Arsenal players John Rutherford, David Herd and George Eastham have in common?
Some of you answered that they joined Stoke (as either player or manager) after leaving Arsenal. There were other players that did this so it’s not what we were looking for. The answer was that they all played in the same team as their father in at least one first class football match. John Rutherford with Jock Rutherford for Arsenal, David Herd with Alec Herd at Stockport and George Eastham with George Eastham at Ards in Northern Ireland
Answers to questions 11 to 15 will appear tomorrow.